So age 41 – here I go. Single after 17 years. Surrounded by children and homeschooling. Living a life that I’ve chosen. It won’t be an easy year but it’s all on my terms.
Everything is unknown and that’s terrifying and exciting.
This year I want so many things that I’ll do the work for:
* Inner peace
* Self love
* Clarity about my direction
* Deepening friendships, and new friendships with people who I have a conversational connection to
* Creating a warm home for my girls full of laughter, creativity, and music
* Some more time for myself to enjoy reading and uninterrupted meditation
Small feat I know, but I’m pretty tough so I feel like I can accomplish what I’m setting out to do this year. Healing my body, and clearing out the old expectations to give space for inner contentment.
What I’m letting go of this year:
* Relationships that no longer work for me
* The desire to be with anyone who disregards my warmth and willingness to be present
* Spending any of my time with emotionally immature people
* Superficial friendships or communication
* Shame for any perceived failures
* Toxic people
I will happily do all of these things over the next year.